10.30.2008

SUMMERTIME IN THE LBC


Ok. I lied. It's not really summer anymore. But it sure feels like it to an East Coast girl like me. My trip to D.H. Gremlin Studios in Long Beach produced this shot (among others...) from the very talented Wendy aka Wynnesome. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

And the D.H. Gremlin story is interesting, too. From what I could peice together he's a multi-talented artist who wound up in LA w/ no family/friends/connects/etc., and built a community around himself that continues to be a successful recording studio, and photo studio that services the LBC and Los Angeles communities at an affordable cost.

What's sprung up there is a tight knit community of artists and professionals that support and learn from each other. And they are very welcoming.

When I went in there I saw the African drums and crystals, a little stone henge shrine, some gongs... a little something sacred from every culture... and I knew I was in a good place.

That's tight. :-)

No comments: